Thursday, March 1, 2012

Elizabeth's Dorm Quilt

This is for my niece Elizabeth, she is now in a dorm as she attends a university in Virginia. I am the absent Auntie, however I'm so proud of the woman she has become--without any of my influence. I hope she'll like this 'cuddle up & study' quilt made with love for her. It's ready for machine quilting now.  I've already made the scrappy binding to finish it off & it will be flannel backed for the cuddle feeling. : )
  
The pattern was Strips & Bubbles by Connecting Threads, it was to be 60"x60", I added another pattern set to make the quilt 60"x80" to add to the cuddle up factor. There's 30 circles, ten of each 4 1/2, 3 1/2, & 2 1/2, it's the hand applique of so many circles, that I wish I had been taught to sew with a thimble. So far I've found that the silicone thimble that's the most comfortable to wear---where is it?  Still looking for that bright orange  thimble! Yes, it's in my thread box!! I just remembered &  I'll need it for the hand sewing for the binding. This is for you Elizabeth, made with love, for a lovely young woman. XO

1 comment:

  1. The quilt is lovely and you are such a nice and thoughtful auntie for making this for your niece. I'm sure that she'll love it. JB

    ReplyDelete