Saturday, March 30, 2024

Happy Easter!

 Happy Easter everyone!

Spring is trying to break through but the March winds & wet snow & rain are dominating these days.

Soon we will turn the corner with sun and bulbs poking through & an extra beat in everyone's step will happen with those days.

I am so excited that Bill has agreed for me to have Rhode Island hens!!!

We ordered our baby chicks that will be one day old when we get them on May 8th, I'm so excited watching Bill download plans for the 'Hen House' that has to be secured from the wildlife that roams around here, Mr. Fox comes to mind and our Bridget & Baxter that love to chase hens. lol

I had gotten fabric to make Lori Holt's Chicken Salad when Bill said 'No!' to having hens but I never got around to making it. I made it and it will go on our front porch to cozy up on a cool morning with a cup of coffee or on cool evenings. The porch will face the hen area, I hope they are quiet enough. lol

It was a fun pattern to put together & I also did the Cookbook blocks in place of the chicken blocks with the leftover material. It has some patchwork border to do now but it will be super cute on the porch too! I'll post photos when I have the border on the second quilt.

This was a good week of news, Leslie, Nick's girlfriend won the 50/50 draw! 
Congratulations that week!!

 Thank you for stopping in for a virtual visit.
Have a wonderful Easter wherever you are.

Hugs,
Cynthia







1 comment:

  1. HAPPY EASTER dear Cynthia. Congratulation on your family expansion. First with chicks and then, a new baby. I bet that you'll be busy creating some lovely things for this new grandkid.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete