Sunday, July 7, 2019

Summer's Finally In Full Swing

Beautiful hot hazy days of summer are finally upon us. These days came right after we turned the corner of cold & wet of last week. In one week I had the firebox going to get rid of the damp cold to put on the cool AC on to rid the heavy humid hotness from the house.

 This July month started off quite cool so sandals & short sleeves would have been much too chilly.

 All the pets wore their Canada Day scarves & awaited for our companies arrival.

                                                    Mr. Boots looked so handsome in his attire.

                                              Rexton strutted around with her scarf on too!

                                                  Bridget wore her frilly scarf.

 Mr. Boots was the only behaved animal that day! He was enjoying the mat that I made for the back of Bill's truck now that he has the Boston's riding with him, they need a soft stable place to stay when the truck is in motion.

 Bridget just could not help herself when she saw Rexton looking mighty fine in her Canada attire & had to lick her!


 After Bridget was done with Rexton, she started in on Baxter & wanted his collar!

Mr. Boots watches the shenanigans from the stairs, he knows that area is out of bounds for the Boston's.

Rexton loves her perch so she can watch everything & none of fur-kids can get her up there!
She how the Manx's ears are like a cradle between them & not close & pointy like Mr. Boots.
Rexton has been with us five years next month, how time fly! What a precious cat she has grown into, how could someone throw baby kittens in a ditch with hope that the Bonar Law would take them in to live in the barn? So many kittens in the showing room in the barn. A safe place has been made due to the abandonment of so many kittens. I'm going hooking there this month & will take photos of the new kittens waiting for adoption.

Our 32nd Wedding Anniversary - July 4th 1987

 Here are on that special day over 32 years ago in London Ontario. It was so hot & a drought was happening at that time & a lot of the green was hay . We had our photo's done at the Reservoir Park.

And a more recent photo, life just got better with the years! We're happy together!
It's like I keep telling him, 'I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow!' Loved that old upbeat song!

 Nicholas gave us a very thoughtful gift in etched out metal, the HOME concordant for here!
How cool is this?!!

It has been installed over the front door & between the second story window & looks even better from the upstairs mezzanine!

 Then another metal surprise! Mike, Carrie, & Catherine were here for a visit & presented this to us for our anniversary. So much metal thought has gone into this anniversary & will be enjoyed for years to come.

 Bill installed it on the stone pillar leading to the front door. Thank you so much for these thoughtful gifts of metal that will be seen & enjoyed for years to come.

                                                                             XOXOXO

                        Summer here is so worth the wait, winter was a bit long this year though.

 Nick & Leslie brought these butterfly flowers for the Anniversary Garden last year & the blooms of such an assortment of colour is like nothing I've seen before! The butterflies love them!

                                                                  Roses are in bloom.

                                               Peonies are so full this year & smell heavenly!


 The Gnome Garden is going to get a thinning this fall, it's so thick & lush this year.

 The Potting Shed is getting a new window installed, it's from the cottage & will give natural  light inside. The perennials from last year are looking great this year, bright yellow flowers will soon bloom.

 Bill was busy cutting up birch trunks to be split & stacked for the firebox & fire-pit.

 The wooded area that Bill worked in is one that he also cleared away. So thick is the woods!

 It is now summer & I'm going to savour it with all the tastes & smells that are in the ground & air!

Sewing Projects & My Creative Chaos

 I made a new outfit for the Kewpie Doll a more fitting one in colour for an Agricultural Fair.

 I was playing with some striped chintz around an embroidered sheep block. A small baby blanket or play-mat for the floor for a new baby.

 I took the scrapes & started this boy quilt blanket in Beatrix Potter centers. A biege star border will finish it off nicely.

                               I need to take time & clean & organize my sewing/cutting table.

 I now is layered a foot deep with sewing 'things' that I have worked one or am working on.

The acrylic sewing extension table is the only clean area in my room right now. I go into there & ideas start... I just love this room! Must clean this room!
I am always saying 'Creative Minds Are Seldom Tidy', I heard it said once & it's so true!!

 Bill was out this week with Nicholas's drone & took these photos. I love seeing the green ground.

 This view is one of the fire-pit & the small log bridge to the big thick woods. The thinned out woods is on the bottom right of the picture.

See why I love seeing green grass?! In just six months it will look like this again... yes, savoring!! lol

This is a photo that the youngest son Nicholas took from his Brampton GTA balcony. These falcons are protected & have lived several years now on the roof of their 27th floor apartment. Nick fondly calls this bird Falco the Falcon, stunning photo Nick!
Their balcony is always littered with died bird carcasses & the door has to stay closed to keep the loose feathers out. Not an area for the faint of heart.

This month is going to be a blur but I'm going to take it in as slow as my fast days allow.

Thank you for the visit & seeing what was under all that snow! It is so worth it, breathtaking indeed!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog Cynthia.
    Happy Anniversary. You were such a beautiful bride and your prince was so handsome. I love the metal gifts that you got. It was very thoughtful. of the kids to get you those plaques. They really look grand.

    The fur kids are keeping you company and they must be so busy running around in the grass when they are outside. Such patriotic pets...

    I'm outdoors for most of the day, on my knees weeding and still repairing flood damages in the gardens. I'm replacing some soil in the long flowerbed under one of my rose bushes that was eroded. It was right down to the bare roots but they are still in full bloom.

    I haven't been blogging much lately. I've been working outdoors till it's almost dark every night. I get pretty tired but it makes me sleep well. My husband has been busy haying.

    Your sewing room might me messy but the outdoors looks mighty tidy. Your peonies are absolutely gorgeous. Mine are all in bloom too. I'm lucky that they bloomed at all because I had to remove about 6 inches of soil that the flood left over them. I'm all caught up in the back of the hedge but I still have some more beds to weed and tidy. My list is growing shorter. I have a lot of deadheading to do. Never an idle moment.

    Your little Cupie doll will be a hit at the fair and your quilt tops are looking beautiful, especially the Beatrix Potter one.
    I'll try to post something tomorrow night if I'm not too tired. I keep putting it off.
    Take care and happy Summer to you.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete