Thursday, April 5, 2018

Is This The Last Of The Snow?!!

Winter is still lingering here in a big way. Closures were happening everywhere as we braced for snow & freezing rain. I'm staying put again today.

 On the weekend Bill put on his snowshoes & thought that he would shovel an opening on the back
deck.
 Baxter loves going outside with Bill, he is more outdoorsy than Bridget.

 The snow was hard to shovel with a thick layer of ice on top from the freezing rain.

                                                        Baxter just wanted to be with Bill.

 After shovelling an opening at the back door so I don't have to bring the dogs through the sliding window.  Bill & Baxter left to go play 'stick'.

 Today it is still very white & the 60km winds are noisy outside, making the trees sway back & forth.
The winter dance & rocking motion!

 Trees all look like skeletons of winter. I can't wait for Mother Nature to bring them back to life!

 Thank heavens for these strong beautiful evergreens, they sure are swaying today!

This photo is taken in the sunporch which really warms up now with the afternoon sunshine coming through the 8 windows. The sandwich board is protecting the blue muffin bush from the avalanche snow from the many sloping steel rooves.

Some Sewing...
 Block 6 is now done with 7 & 8 to do... tomorrow block 9 is revealed. April 27th is going to be the finishing instructions so I best get a move on getting these done!

                                          These are the blocks so far & it sure has a summer feel to it!
And...

 I'm going to work on these two - Friendship Garden Mystery Quilt - monthly instalments.

Dark earthy colours for one...

 soft rose coloured fabric for the other! So summery & bright!

And another project started, that I'll call 'No Scaps Left Behind.!
A technique that was taught to me by visiting Russian quilters. Hand sewn tiny triangles that one would throw out. These were the bias scraps from the binding of my Canadiana quilt & Mitchell's T-shirt quilt. Which made its way to him last night! He loved it! Thank you, Nicholas, for hand delivering it to him. I still don't know how you fit it in your suitcase!!


 I left the sewing needle on it to show how small the triangles are. This is done in a round shape & would be left at the door or the foot of a bed to ward of evil. I like the design of it & if it keeps evil away ( backwards it spells live) bonus for me!

 I found these at the Coop & purchased them with my food purchase. I'm so hungry for spring!!

 Baxter & Bridget are keen to have some spring weather too! This was their first winter outside & coats & sweaters have been torn with play & boots lost in the snow till the spring thaw...whenever that happens! I use to hate dressing the kids to go outside & now it is too familiar with these two!

 Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I have the firebox on so you won't be too chilly being here & it would be nice to see & feel some sun through the windows. Soon...

A saying like an earworm plays in my head "If not now, when?"
I'm using it to help with my procrastinating!

Stay safe & healthy wherever you are.
Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that a lot of snow. This has been a very hard winter in many ways. I'm so glad that spring has finally arrived here even though we still get the occasional blanket of snow. I have tulips and daffodils poking through on the south side of the house where the snow is gone but there still lots of snow in the shaded area of the yard.

    The dogs are getting big and I bet they will be happy to see the snow gone. They'll love exploring new earthy smells.

    Your blocks are just so beautiful. You are very talented and your projects are so perfectly made.

    I love your anti procrastinating motto. I've procrastinated a lot this winter while recuperating from hurting my shoulder three times while falling on the ice. It still hurt a bit but I manage better.
    Thanks for your visit to my blog. I always appreciate your warm comments.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete