Sunday, February 25, 2018

Wrapping Up February

This has been a quick month!
This weekend I finished some of my Kathleen Tracy projects for the month. I'm just loving the internet & the BOM or the BOW that I'm doing right now. They both are Garden Mystery blocks!

 This was the 1st & 2nd month, I did mine with wool on cotton. This one is going to be in civil war fabrics, for a more aged look. We were given two choices for the centre block, this is the first.

 And this is the second choice, I chose to do this quilt in a 'Rose Garden' theme. Both finish at a 12" centre, then March 1st the third instalment will be released & Kathleen has already informed us that it will be much more involved.

 This was my inspiration to do this as a second choice block, how sweet is this?!

 Then Kathleen Tracy has a wee quilt of the month from her Small & Scrappy book, this is for the month of February, yes I still have January to do but I didn't get my book till this month, so it's next on my to-do list. This little quilt finishes at 17 1/2" square. The pattern is called Windowpane.

My youngest son calls me a magpie when it comes to viewing new sewing projects,  I'm always looking at what attracts me & this little quilt sure did. The wreath blocks finish at 4" square & the red/pink are 1" blocks! I have 60 french knots to put in the centre of the red circles, that is a TV time project.
I saw it in the Primitive Quilts & Projects magazine & just had to do it! Ohhhh Shiney! lol

The Pet Antics This Week


 I was busy sewing in the sewing room, right off of this foyer area. I came out to put the kettle on & oh my!!! They were being themselves just entertaining themselves with their tug of toys!

Then I saw this photo & thought to myself...my pets are more like me than I care to think about! lol

I took this photo to see if you could spot the Manx cat in the photo?


 I came back into my room to find 'Watch cat on duty' guarding the heartbeat in the room, my sewing machine!
 I think Rexton was trying to get my attention to open the cupboard so she could get in & have a nap.
Or maybe she was watching the mouse sewing caddy?! She got my attention & the cupboard was opened for her to climb into.

On Friday I was excited to look at the new block of the week, it's released every Friday & it was tulips & embroidery, I was thrilled. Then I got up to print it off &  what the !@#$***

 Bridget & Baxter were playing in this area...

 I had NO idea that they were shredding the bottom out of the black leather wingback!!!

They immediately ran for cover to their crates. What a way to start your morning, in shock, they have been so good lately. Cabin fever is setting in.
I took them outside that afternoon & Bridget lost her boot in the deep snow. Her little legs just can't take the cold. I couldn't find it but the weather is in for a warm up this week & it's bright pink & black, in a white snow bank so it should reveal itself.

Bill & the two boys, Donny & Nicholas, attended the car show in downtown Toronto today. Bill sent me an email with the subject, ~~ found you a PFAFF, that is the make of my favourite sewing machine from 1996. I opened the email to find this!  Very funny!

Well, the design wall is clear for the first time since spring last year & I have just two rows to sew together to finish the quilt top from the Summer Blog Hop 2017.
I'll show you what the design wall looks like with no project attached to it & I'll show you my BOW's, that is my tomorrow project to begin! So spring like!!

Thank you for the visit & I'll post to wrap February up!

And March will be coming in like a lamb here on the northeast coast!

Spring, the season of new hope.
Enjoy your week, wherever you are.

Take care.
Cynthia

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how many beautiful projects you have on the go. You are so very crafty and I can't believe what those two did to your beautiful chair. It's lucky the damage is under the chair... They would be in deep trouble with me. I don't think I would have so much patience, lol but then, I had cats who clawed at my upholstered furniture years ago. What can a person do, right? Grin and bear it I guess.

    Enjoy the new week.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOW ! Are you crazy?? Just kidding. I'm still working on my BOM from 2017 :( :(.

    ReplyDelete