Monday, March 25, 2013

Pleasant Surprise

Last July, I accompanied my husband Bill to Vienna & then to the Czech Republic to a village called Uherske Hradiste in the Slovako Region. That was the location of the factory that Bill was visiting  & welcomed me in on the last day.
I met a friendly, helpful female secretary from the factory that Bill was working with. And with Bill's recent visit, she presented him with a gift for me.
My grandfather Mitro's  family was from that area, grandpa died & was buried in 1942 at the age of 42, in Ottawa Ontario. I never had the opportunity to meet him but staying in that somehow made me feel connected to him. These thoughtful gifts were a very pleasant surprise!




 The gift of a hand painted vase and wee ceramic hand painted ceramic tassel, both are painted in the flower styling & colour from that region. I love the colours!
With many Budapest Hungarian ceramics & linens from Bill's Hungarian relatives, these pieces are right at home. What a wonderful surprise! Thank you my Czech Republic friend! :-) Your thoughtfulness is much appreciated.


1 comment:

  1. It's always nice receiving some unexpected gifts with so much meaning.

    Have a great week.
    Big hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete